The 2015 Study combines a comprehensive analysis of mobile behavior, attitudes and trends over time to help agencies, brand marketers and manufacturers devise effective mobile strategies. Mobile Personas is a collaboration between Brandspark International (consumer and shopper insights), Tapped Mobile (mobile advertising) and AppPromo (app strategy and monetization).
MOBILE PERSONAS PROFILING
- • Size of segments and growth rates
- • Attitudinal and demographic profile
- • Device ownership / penetration
- • Mobile operating system market share
- • How behaviour differs by operating system users
- • Smartphone manufacturer share
- • Operating system loyalty and expected future demand
- • Share of time spent by device
- • The impact of tablets on device usage
- • Specific activities by mobile device vs. desktop/laptop
- • App usage and barriers to use
- • App development opportunities
- • Facebook interaction
- • Media usage profile (time-spent)
- • TV, online TV and second screen viewing
- • The role flyers
- o Flyer readership by retail category
- o Print vs. digital flyer interaction
- o Motivators encouraging digital flyer usage
MOBILE DEVICE USAGE
MOBILE'S IMPACT ON SHOPPING BEHAVIOUR
- • How mobile device impact purchase decisions across the following categories
- o Automotive
- o Clothing
- o Grocery
- o Health & beauty products
- o Home renovations
- o Home theatre electronics
- o Household care products
- o Large home appliances
- o Major home furnishings
- o Mortgages and other financial products
- o Personal electronics
- o Personal computers
- o Recreational vehicles
- • How mobile is used throughout the path to purchase
- • How mobile is used while shopping in-store
- • Coupon usage
The Mobile Personas study was conducted as part of the 2015 Brandspark Canadian Shopper Study (Among 95,000 Canadian Shoppers aged 18+). The Mobile Personas study is comprised of 10,808 participants, which 7,159 have been deemed Mobile Personas (mobile device owners)
BrandSpark International is a leading brand strategy and product innovation research company.
Tapped Mobile is a leading Canadian provider of mobile advertising technology solutions. Read More
App Promo is an award wining consultancy group that supports our clients to succeed in the business of Mobile Apps.
2014 Mobile Personas Launch EventThank you to everyone who attended the 2014 Mobile Personas Launch Event at the Dx3 conference. If you missed the conference or would like to schedule an appointment to review the study, please feel free to contact us. Every mobile device is different. Not surprisingly, so are the people who use them. While you’re scrambling to construct a mobile strategy, mobile content, mobile apps, and maybe even the mobile wallet, you’re probably treating all mobile users the same. But different people use the devices in different ways and each should receive a personal experience that takes that into consideration. What are the main personas, how do they behave, and what can you do to customize your approach?
Featured PublicationseMarketer: Millennials in Canada choose tablets to consume content with.
Strategy Online: Infographic:mobile by the numbers with Strategy Online.
Media in Canada: People distracted by the second screen study with Media in Canada.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or tweet us @mobilepersonas
© 2015 Mobile Personas. All Rights Reserved